Friday, January 22, 2010

A perfect day

Thanks to all who were able to attend my ordination ceremony last saturday and thanks also to all those who sent me good wishes but were unable to attend. And a special thanks to my teachers and the staff and volunteers at AZC who planned and carried out the ceremony and reception. It was flawless.
I'm acutely aware that every day is a gift but Saturday was extraordinary. The zendo was packed with friends from both my sanghas (communities) Austin Zen Center and Stagen. Many people travelled great distances to attend. I could feel the love. The ceremony was beautiful, touching and joyous. At least that's how it looked from the inside out :-) Here's an address you can use to see pics. http://austinzencenter.org/images/gabless/index.html

On the health front
Paula and I have spent the last six weeks researching alternative treatments for cancer. We've found something that for me holds a lot of promise. The research started with the work of a Nobel prize winning German scientist who demonstrated that cancer can't live in an alkaline environment. I won't bore you with the details of all the chemistry involved. This led us to research on the effects of the body's ph balance on treating cancer. And in turn to creating an alkali diet the results of which I test daily with ph strips. The diet consists of a mix of 80/20 alkaline or alkalizing foods to acidic foods. For the past three weeks I've tested alkaline. And I feel great.

Last night I talked with my pharmacist's brother who was given a cancer related death sentence by doctors 17 years ago. He found an oncologist/homeopath in California (where else?) who suggested this diet and it totally cured his cancer. Since then he has served as a resource for people seeking alternative therapies. He regaled me with a number of success stories he has collected over the years and added some very helpful suggestions to fine-tune what I'm already doing.
Right now I'm feeling stronger and more confident than I have in months.

I love you all,

Koso Ju Gien (my dharma name. Koso for short)

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy to hear that you have had such fantastic support and help along this spiritual and physical journey that you've been traveling.

    Congratulations on your ordination!

    Be well and be safe!
    Hasta luego!
    -Dawn & Rod

    ReplyDelete