Monday, August 3, 2009

Confidence

Getting ready for round 2 of the chemo. (Cue the ring card girl :-) I tolerated the first round quite well. I feel great. Energized, focused and upbeat. Met with Dr Siefker today. Came away feeling really confident. I got a clear sense from her manner and forthrightness that she expects to win. She has a real presence, a directness and concentrated attention that I really appreciate. I even invited her to check out my "woo-woo" posts and she said that research shows that people with community support, family support, faith, and a positive attitude tend to have better outcomes. I think her jury is still out on healing vision while in a deep meditative state :-)

In any event, those experiences of "being Light" continue. Some have become quite animated. I'm resisting making too much meaning of it all. Just grateful that when it happens I come away refreshed, renewed and in high spirits.

Today, I got to meet with the team from work by teleconference. I got to feel the kind of caring and support that Dr Siefker spoke of. Thank so much!

I love you all,




2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the updates Phil. I appreciate each one. I am sending good thoughts to you on round 2.
    Un fuerte abrazo,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the next round...sounds like you are in very good hands!!

    Jeff & I are sending all our positive energy your way from Michigan :-)
    pat

    ReplyDelete