Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The light of peace

Fair warning:
For those of you who have an allergic reaction to anything you might deem "woo-woo" or "New Age" I suggest that you skip this post. And, to be candid, if I hadn't personally experienced what I did this morning, and I were a follower of this blog instead of its originator, I fully expect I would be heeding this preamble myself and finding something far more valuable to do with my time--like cleaning the fish tanks. Yet, when I undertook to begin these entries, I vowed that I would report honestly and directly what I was experiencing and then offer some reflection.

So here goes:

This morning, about 10:15, a business meeting I was expecting to attend didn't happen, and I felt a need to go rest. I went to our room and lay down, gently closing my eyes but not sleeping. Within a few moments I experienced what I can only describe as a kind of healing light energy flowing not so much over me or around me or through me but as me. I had no sense of my "self" being separate from this light energy, or that it was "working on me." I did not feel bathed in it, warmed by it or infused with it. The experience was more like I was the light. Eyes open or eyes closed, everything appeared bright and exceptionally clear. Visual contrasts were sharp but not unpleasant. As if all of a sudden, I had perfect vision--even with my glasses off.

More remarkable than the physical manifestations of this experience though were the sentient ones. I felt completely at ease, comfortable, safe, non-anxious--neither "grounded" nor "floating" but just fully, fully present. I felt at peace. I felt not so much loved as love itself. I remained in this state for an hour and a half. When I arose to attend my next meeting, there was no reluctance. It was simply time to move. As I stood up, I felt a knowing in my body that my healing has begun.

It is now over nine hours later. I haven't slowed down or needed to rest since. I've had two extensive client meetings, driven 30 miles or so, had dinner with friends and I'm still going strong. I am not experiencing nausea--my appetite is robust. I'm not feeling tired---I feel really really energized. I don't feel sick at all. I feel very,very healthy. I feel Alive.

Like all states the experience this morning is temporary. I may very well feel terrible tomorrow. But I don't expect to. However, I now have a clear sense that while the sense of health I currently feel may come and go, rise and fall, the Reality underlying my experience is constant, infinite, vast and lacking nothing.

As I re-read what I've just written, I expect that many are wondering what on earth I am reporting. I agree. It defies rationale, explanation. Invites skepticism. And some small part of me stands right there with the skeptics saying "Yeah right." And yet my experience was real. The aftermath fully observable by friends, family and clients.

For now, I'm going to say that I experienced something like "Big MInd/Big Heart" but in a very expanded, profound way. Whatever it was, its enough.

And it's now available to me.


I love you all,

4 comments:

  1. Phil,

    This is wonderful to hear and not woo woo or strange at all to me :) Your experience of the truth of who you are is powerful and eternal no matter what may be showing up in your body.

    There is an extremely helpful type of body work in which the practitioner facilitates the client in resourcing from this "place". Your description of what you experienced reminded me of this work that allows us to bring forth our own inherent health. If you're not aware of this modality and interested in more details, check out the following link:

    http://www.biodynamiccranialsacral.com/

    love you,
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Phil,

    Wow, what a profound experience! I’m totally open to all kinds of possibilities, so I’m not skeptical at all. If this was what you experienced…then this was what you experienced.

    I am glad you felt such a powerful sense of healing and peace, and that you can draw from this in the coming weeks as you move through the healing process. And thank you for sharing this with us.

    Love, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Phil,

    'Mahalo' (Hawaiian for Thank You) for the heartwarming post. No charges of 'woo woo' will come from me! I've been reading Adi Da's "The Knee of Listening" and this post read like one of the many spiritual experiences he tells of. I saw you in my mind lying there in all black, glowing. It's a nice way to think of you and your healing.

    Many,many blessings-

    LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now my suspicions are confirmed. You are an enlightened being!

    Thanks for sharing your graceful journey through the blog. Lots of love to you and Paula.

    Be Well,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete